Kansas Rules. John Darbyshire, CEO SmartSuite & Serial Entrepreneuer joins Al to discuss work management, data, and passion as king.
July 27, 2022
IBM Big Data & Analytics Hub
This week a Kansas boy done good. Jon Darbyshire, CEO SmartSuite and serial entrepreneur on work management to manage process, from any industry, within a single platform.
- 03:28 From Haysville to Newport Beach
- 07:18 Why start a business in a pandemic?
- 08:48 Who needs venture funding. Not Jon.
- 09:26 Workplace automation defined
- 14:12 SmartSuite capabilities
- 19:30 Targeting Millennials and Gen Z
- 20:45 Slack built in
- 21:54 SmartSuite differentiation
- 23:07 Sharing data
- 25:28 The sales pitch
- 28:56 All in. all the time
- 31:00 Passion with preparation is king
- 34:04 Running a family business
- 41:26 Target client profiles
- 44:15 Definition of success
- 46:25 Building a culture
- 49:00 Vision or Grinders?
Find Jon : https://www.linkedin.com/in/jondarbyshire/
Find SmartSuite : https://www.smartsuite.com/
Want to be featured as a guest on Making Data Simple? Reach out to us at email@example.com and tell us why you should be next. The Making Data Simple Podcast is hosted by Al Martin, WW VP Technical Sales, IBM, where we explore trending technologies, business innovation, and leadership ... while keeping it simple & fun.